суббота, 28 ноября 2015 г.

Article rendering
I've just read an article called “Teachers, share your amazing classroom experiences with us”. The author of this article, published on the 27 of November in “The Guardian”, is Sarah Marsh. It is about teachers` experiences with struggling students.
This article can be logically divided into two parts. I can`t say it is an article in general, it is better to say: the articles in the article” because it firstly consists of the author`s point of view concerning the difficulties of being a teacher, but she wanted “to show positives side of the profession” and she did it. Then we have instructions how to be a writer in this blog and three references on the other articles where teachers share their stories with readers.
This article is useful for future teachers and I am one of them. I couldn`t pass over the references as a part of the article and one of them named “Tom was the child no one believed in – but I refused to give up on him” was written anonymously, but the idea of it cut me to the heart.
It is about one teacher who helped Tom (a boy from the bottom set class) to become open and successful. He thought he was rubbish, he couldn`t read clearly, he was a loser everywhere and no one believed in him including his mum. But this teacher did! She showed Tom his closed possibilities step by step, opened his talents and at last Tom had great success in the school performance and was only child who got “A” for the exam.
Taking everything into consideration I must say this article can help young teachers to be attentive and careful with struggling students, because each child has talents but nowadays education can kill it in the person because of incompetence of the teacher. And this article teaches us to pay more attention on this problem.
And what do you think about incompetent teachers? How this problem can influence on our future?
 
 
 

5 комментариев:

  1. The article you’ve chosen is actual, useful and instructive in our future profession.
    I like your rendering very much, especially Tom’s story. I agree with your idea that every child is talented and a teacher should only find a right key to him. To my mind, nowadays the great attention must be paid to the professional competence of future teachers because their role is not only to educate their pupils but also to direct them and to provide them psychological support in difficult times. So teachers must be aware of not only their subjects but also students’ psychology and physiology. In other words, every teacher must be professionally competent.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. I think incompetent teachers make some problems in our society. The teacher must understand the child and help him or her to open his or her talents and just become a sociable person. To my mind the teacher you've wrote about, is a very competent teacher who not only knows how to teach, but likes it. I suppose nowadays there is a lack of such teachers and this problem can influence on our future. Children need attention and kindness from adult people. We need more competent teachers who will pay attention on such children and help them in everything and, what is the most important – they will believe in them.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. I think incompetent teachers make some problems in our society. The teacher must understand the child and help him or her to open his or her talents and just become a sociable person. To my mind the teacher you've wrote about, is a very competent teacher who not only knows how to teach, but likes it. I suppose nowadays there is a lack of such teachers and this problem can influence on our future. Children need attention and kindness from adult people. We need more competent teachers who will pay attention on such children and help them in everything and, what is the most important – they will believe in them.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  4. I think the problem of incompetent teachers is very important for usbecause it is very close for us as a future teachers. I agree with you that every teacher should pay more attention especialy to struggling students. All of them need in our help and support, because as we know all children are talented. I also think that this story about Tom is the best example of a genuine teacher. This problem also can influence on our future because if we have no competent teachers, we won't have clever and talaned children.
    It was very plesure to read your thoughts concerning this actual theme!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  5. Without your review, probably, I would've never came across this article, which found out to be quite interesting and useful for me as the future teacher.
    Incompetence of teachers might simply be solved by annual testing them. That would not only keep their knowledge at the level, but also make them feel as students yet again.

    ОтветитьУдалить